Each year, Les Subsistances welcomes young choreographers and dancers, as well as big names in dance, for shows and meetings.
- Formed at the Lyon CNSMD, Collectif ÈS is proposing 1ère Mondiale. To create the performance, each member of the collective returned to the sources of their passion for dance, from parents’ records to pop culture, school discos, bathroom improvisations and imitations of the stars.
- The Belgian dance company ZOO/Thomas Hauert, which will soon celebrate its 20th anniversary, is presenting How to proceed, which looks at the collective work required to create a show.
- The choreographer-performer duet formed by Cédric Charron and Jan Fabre is presenting a new show, Attends, attends, attends… (pour mon père), inspired by the life of Cédric Charron.
- A leading artist and choreographer since the 1980s, Mark Tompkins unveils Stayin Alive, offering a violent and rough performance, a roar…
Also at the festival:
- Express dance classes, offering an introduction to rock, classical ballet, hip hop, jazz, Lindy hop, milonga, popping and more. Many fun, friendly and free classes, accessible to all! Saturday the 19th of January (Bellecour station), from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm; Saturday the 9th of February, from 2 to 8 pm, and Sunday the 10th of February, from 2 to 6 pm.
- Two days of workshops to have a go at Karaodance!
- A dance party, a Karaodance held by Collectif ÈS.
Further information here. Book online here.