What is the City Tax?
A city tax is collected by the Greater Lyon, plus a departmental (county) tax of 10%. Why? When? How? All the answers ...
Last updated date : 23/03/2023
The various fees collected are used exclusively for the promotion of each destination, to develop tourism and to improve the reception of tourists, in conjunction with the Tourist Office.
Rates (per night per person)
- Hotels, residences and furnished 5 stars: 3.30 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 4 stars: 2.50 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 3 stars: 1.65 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 2 stars: 0.99 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 1 Star and village vacances 1, 2 or 3 stars, B&B, collective inn: 0.83 €
- Ungraded accommodation by prefecture or accommodation whose application for classification has been refused: 2.73% cost of the service (without tax) +10%, with a limit of 3.00€ +10% per person and per night.
- Camping 3, 4 and 5 star : 0.61 €
- Camp site 1 and 2 stars, marinas: 0.22 €
Who is affected?
A city tax is applicable on all accommodations. It is calculated per night and based on the number of people staying at the specific accommodation.
Who is exempt?
- Children under 18 years old
- Residents of Greater Lyon (who pay local tax)
- Officials and agents of the State (upon presentation of a mission order)
- Recipients of certain social benefits (disabled, political refugees, at home-assisted elderly and transport assisted elderly , etc.)