The various fees collected are used exclusively for the promotion of each destination, to develop tourism and to improve the reception of tourists, in conjunction with the Tourist Office.
Rates (per night per person)
- Hotels, residences and furnished 5 stars: 3.30 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 4 stars: 2.50 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 3 stars: 1.65 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 2 stars: 0.99 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 1 Star and village vacances 1, 2 or 3 stars, B&B: 0.83 €
- Ungraded accommodation by prefecture or accommodation whose application for classification has been refused: 3% of the cost of the service (price before tax), up to 2.53 € per person per night.
- Camping 3, 4 and 5 star : 0.61 €
- Camp site 1 and 2 stars, marinas: 0.22 €
Who is affected?
A city tax is applicable on all accommodations. It is calculated per night and based on the number of people staying at the specific accommodation.
Who is exempt?
- Children under 18 years old
- Residents of Greater Lyon (who pay local tax)
- Officials and agents of the State (upon presentation of a mission order)
- Recipients of certain social benefits (disabled, political refugees, at home-assisted elderly and transport assisted elderly , etc.)
More information on the Grand Lyon website...