Tourist Offices that are authorised within the framework of the law dated the 13th of July 1992, may carry out the booking and sale of all types of services, leisure activities and general reception functions in their target area. They facilitate the procedure for the public by offering them a choice of services. Tourist Offices are local tourist bodies, placed at the disposal of service providers who are not members, but have signed an agency agreement with them. In this framework, Lyon Tourisme et Congrès (Lyon Tourism and Conventions) wishes to be able to sell, via the Internet, various services reserved for private individuals, on an individual basis, which shall be governed by the present terms and conditions of sale.
The ordering of Services is solely reserved for Users who have read the Terms and Conditions in their entirety and who have accepted them by ticking the box or clicking on the link that have been provided for this purpose. The specific terms and conditions of Partners indicated in the description of the service and on the booking confirmation are also applicable to the offer and provision of Services, under the same terms as the Terms and Conditions of Sale. The act of buying and/or booking constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of sale and specific terms and conditions of partners. The User must be at least 18 years of age, and have the legal authority to enter into this agreement and use this website in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
Except in the case of fraud, which must be proven, the User is financially liable for all operations carried out on the website, in particular any use of the website under its user name and password. It shall also guarantee the authenticity and accuracy of the information that it provides on the website. Any use of the website that may be fraudulent or considered to be fraudulent, or which breaches the present terms and conditions of sale, shall result in the User being refused access, at any time, to the Services offered by Partners or other features of the Website.
The ONLYLYON Tourisme et Congrès websites comply with amended law 78-17 of the 6th of January 1978 relating to information technology, files and freedoms, known as the French Data Protection Act ("Loi Informatique et Libertés") and with the GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation.
All information related to the collection and retention of our clients' personal data is methodically kept in a register comprising all appended documents (internal reports, letters, minutes of meetings, etc.) enabling ONLYLYON Tourisme et Congrès to demonstrate that it complies with the provisions of the January 1978 law and the GDPR, and that it fully exercises the responsibilities with which it has been entrusted in this matter. This register is kept up to date and takes into account all amendments that take place with regard to processing.
The Data Controller for personal data is: ONLYLYON Tourisme et Congrès, Place Bellecour – BP 2254 – 69214 LYON CEDEX 02 France ; certain technical services (hosting, duplication, ensuring the reliability of data, client knowledge) are entrusted to our service provider Equancy, 47 Rue de Chaillot, 75116 Paris. In accordance with Article 28 of the GDPR, this service provider is bound by a strict confidentiality clause preventing it from using the data entrusted to it in any way other than that defined in the service contract and which forces it to implement technical and organisational measures that shall meet security and personal data protection requirements.
Purpose of the data processing
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is based on the technical and legal requirements for the management of clients and prospects as described in simplified standard no. 48 issued by the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority). The purposes of the data processing are as follows: management of contracts, orders, deliveries and invoices, accounting and in particular, management of customer accounts and monitoring of the relationship, processing of transactions related to the management of clients, client canvassing operations (management of technical canvassing, standardisation, enhancement and duplication of data), selection of persons to carry out customer loyalty, canvassing, surveying, product testing and promotion actions, drawing up sales statistics and development of client knowledge.
For the requirements of data processing whose purposes are described hereinabove, the following data is collected and processed:
- Identity: title, last name, first names, address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile), fax number, email addresses, date of birth, internal processing code enabling the client to be identified
- Data related to payment methods: postal or bank account details, cheque number, bank card number, bank card expiry date;
- Data related to the transaction such as the transaction number, details of the purchase, subscription, good or service acquired;
- Family, economic and financial situation: marital status, number of people making up the household, number and age of the child or children in the household, profession, field of work, socio-professional category, presence of pets;
- Data related to the monitoring of the business relationship: requests for documentation, trial requests, product purchased, service or subscription taken out, quantity, amount, frequency, delivery address, history of purchases and services provided, product returns, origin of the sale (seller, representative, partner, affiliate) or of the order, correspondence with the client and after-sales service, exchanges and comments from clients or prospects, person(s) in charge of the client relationship;
- Data related to payments and invoices: payment terms, discounts granted, receipts, balances and unpaid balances
- Data related to the selection of persons to carry out customer loyalty, canvassing, surveying, product testing and promotion actions;
- Data related to the organisation and processing of competitions, lotteries and any promotional operation such as date of participation, answers given for competitions and the nature of prizes on offer;
- Data related to contributions from persons who leave opinions on products, services or content, in particular their user name.
The recipients of your personal data are our own management teams and our technical service providers.
Origin of the data
In addition to the data collected on this website, the partner entities of ONLYLYON who forward their client and prospect data are:
o ONLYLYON Tourisme & Congrès
o Groupe Accor Hôtels
o Groupe Arteloge Hôtels
o Groupe Authentik Hôtels
o Hôtel Globe & Cécile
o Hôtel Le Roosevelt
o Lyon City Tours
o Marriott Hotel
o Les Bateaux Lyonnais
o Salon Piscine Global (GL Exhibitions)
o Salon Pollutec (Reed Exhibitions)
o Musée des Confluences
o Musée des Beaux Arts
These transmissions take place within the framework of a charter of good practice that governs the relations between ONLYLYON and its partner entities.
- Personal data related to clients, which are collected for the purpose described hereinabove are retained for a period of five years following the end of the business relationship. This period takes into account the three-year cycle of residence observed for tourist visits.
- Data that provide evidence of a right or a contract, or which are retained in compliance with a legal obligation may be retained for a longer period of time and archived in compliance with the provisions in force (in particular those set out in the French Commercial Code, the French Civil Code and the French Consumer Code).
- Personal data related to a non-client prospect may be retained for a period of 3 years following their collection by the data controller or from the last contact from the prospect (for example, a request for documentation)
Right of access, right to object
- In accordance with the provisions set out in Articles 38, 39 & 40 of the January 1978 law, you have the right to access, rectify and refuse, for legitimate reasons, the collection and processing of your personal data.
- Should you wish to exercise your right to access your data, send a letter to our DPO Florence Chappuis, Lyon Tourisme et Congrès - Place Bellecour – BP 2254 – 69214 LYON CEDEX 02 France - E-mail: [email protected]
- Under certain circumstances, refusal to provide required information such as that mentioned above, may consequently lead to it being impossible to register you as a client, or to execute a sales contract for a product or service.
- Your data may be used for marketing communications, sent electronically via email or text message, from ONLYLYON Tourisme et Congrès related to products or services in line with those that you have acquired or to which you have subscribed. In accordance with the applicable legal provisions, you may consent or opt out of receiving this type of communication when your personal data is collected, and this can be done on any appropriate medium (booking, contract, registration, online form, etc.). You may also exercise your right to opt out at a later date by using the ad-hoc link displayed at the bottom of each message sent.
- Your data may be used by ONLYLYON (Place Bellecour, BP 2254, 69214 Lyon Cedex 02 - France) to send events information about the destination (newsletter) by email or text message. In accordance with the applicable legal provisions, you may opt out of receiving these messages when making contact or by clicking on the unsubscribe link displayed at the bottom of each message sent. - Should you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal, send a letter with a copy of your identification documentation to ONLYLYON Tourisme et Congrès - Place Bellecour – BP 2254 – 69214 LYON CEDEX 02 France - E-mail: [email protected]
We undertake to delete your data within 72 hours of receiving your request.
In order to improve our service and your experience on our website, we use "cookies" to measure the activity of visitors: number of pages seen, number of visits, behaviour, etc. These "cookies" do not allow you to be identified but they record information related to your device's browsing on our website. The data collected are reserved for internal use and are not forwarded to third parties.
Please note that if you refuse the storage of cookies on your device from your web browser, you may continue to browse this website, however, certain sections and options may not work correctly.
Do you have any questions about ONLYLYON Tourisme et Congrès' Cookie Charter? If you have any questions about ONLYLYON Tourisme et Congrès' Cookie Charter, please feel free to contact us using our online form
Links to other websites and social media Our platforms may occasionally contain links to other websites from our partners or third-party companies. Please note that these websites have their own confidentiality policy and we do not accept any liability for the use that these websites make of the information collected when you click on these links. We invite you to read the confidentiality policies of these websites before providing them with your Personal Data.
Modification of our confidentiality policy
Occasionally, we may have to modify the present confidentiality policy. When this is necessary, we will inform you and/or seek your consent. We recommend that you check this page regularly to make yourself aware of any possible modifications or updates to our confidentiality policy.
Culture and leisure pass
Lyon City Card
The essential pass to cultural activities in Lyon: museums, guided tours, boat cruises and more!.