It is the simple, delicious pleasure of inhaling the scents of summer melons and strawberries, autumn mushrooms, aromatic herbs, and freshly picked flowers, or sampling a morsel of cheese or saucisson by the stall… Perhaps, above all else, it is the pleasure of a shared experience.
Beyond the experience it offers, it is also a sustainable approach in keeping with the times, encouraging shoppers to buy local, fresh and seasonal produce.
There is a market where you can go to fill your basket with fresh farm produce every day of the week in Lyon.
Here is our little selection of local markets
• Bron's Market: Place de la Liberté in Bron, all morning, (about 130 stalls)
• in the afternnon, visit the Halles du Grand Hôtel-Dieu
• Market of La Croix-Rousse: Bd de la Croix-Rousse, from 6 am to 1 pm (or every day of the week except Monday)
• Evening market of the centre of Caluire: Rue des Combattants d’AFN à Caluire-et-Cuire, from 4 pm to 8 pm.
• Market of Saint-Antoine Célestins: Quais des Célestins and Saint-Antoine from 6 am to 1 pm (or every day of the week except Monday)
• Evening farmers and producers' market: Place Carnot from 3 pm to 8 pm, Producers and farmers welcome market-goers until the evening.
• Market of Montessuy in Caluire, Allée de la Jeunesse, from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
• Market of Quai Augagneur: Quai Augagneur from 2 pm to 8 pm
• Producers' market in Décines: Place Roger Salengro in Décines, from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
• Market of Quai Augagneur de 6h à 13h30.
• Neuville's Market: Place du 8 mai 45 in Neuville-sur-Saône, from 8 am to 1 pm
• Evening Market in Dardilly, Salle du Barriot, from 4 pm to 7 pm.
• Market of Montchat: Place du Château in Montchat district (Lyon 3), from 6 am to 1:30 pm.
• Craponne's Market: Place Andrée Marier Perrin and rue Centrale, in Craponne, from 7 am to 12:15 pm. Visit one of the biggest markets in the Lyon urban area.
• Marché Saint-Antoine Célestins: Quai Saint-Antoine, all morning, from 6 am to 1:30 pm. Complete the experience with a drink on the terrace of the bar, a walk by the river and a visit to the Marché de la Création (art and crafts market) on the opposite bank of the Saône.
• Les Halles de la Martinière is open from 10 am to 8 pm.
• Organic market of Vaise: Place Valmy in Vaise district (Lyon 9), from 6 am to 12:30 pm.
• Saint-Genis-Laval's organic market: Place Jaboulay in Saint-Genis-Laval, from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm (about 20 stalls).
• Organic market of Monplaisir district (Lyon 8): Place Ambroise Courtois, from 3 pm to 8 pm.
• Marché à la ferme de l’Abbé Rozier in Ecully, 3 chemin de Chalin, from 4 pm to 7:30 pm: 100% organic producers market, from 12 farms.
• Organic marché of Saint-Jean: on Place Commette, in the Vieux-Lyon, from 6 am to 12:30 pm.
• Organic market of Vaulx-en-Velin, from noon to 6 pm on the 'Esplanade de l’Hôtel de Ville' (the square in front of the City Hall).
• Organic Market of Collonges-au-Mont-d’Or, rue de la Plage in front of Bocuse's Restaurant, from 4 pm to 7 pm.
• Organic market of La Croix-Rousse: from 6 am to 1:30 pm, on Bd de la Croix-Rousse, near the metro station.
• Marché des Alagniers: Place du marché in Rillieux-la-Pape "les Alagniers". There is an organic area in the centre of the market, open all morning.