- Book your accommodation as early as you can! You'll find well-situated accommodation to help you get the most from your evenings. Upon your arrival in Lyon: if you’re staying within the security perimeter (the entire city centre and Fourvière) and arrive after it has been closed: remember to bring proof of your reservation.
- Remember to book a restaurant especially if you're a gourmet and want to dine at the time of your choice, and in your favourite restaurant!
- Dress up warm! It's cold in December in Lyon. And be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Download the Fête des Lumières app !This will enable you to prepare your tour one work of art at a time, to have all the information you need about the masterpieces and their artists, and to take part and gain some very useful information! Android or iOS
- Recharge your batteries! And don't forget to check that the batteries in your mobile phone, camcorder and camera are charged before you leave!
Pavillon ONLYLYON on Place Bellecour:
Extended opening hours during the 4 days of the festival of Lights: from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. non-stop.
On the other days: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. non-stop.
- Place Louis Pradel,
- Place de la République,
- Place Bellecour,
- Place Edouard Commette (Vieux-Lyon)
Access, come and move in Lyon during the festival of lights
The festival area will be closed to traffic. This restriction also applies to motorcycles, electric scooters and bicycles.
TCL public transport network
- On the 8th of December, public transport is free from 4 pm until the end of the service. All information (tickets, park-and-ride, etc.) on www.tcl.fr/en
- TER trains : benefit from the ‘Illico Evénements’ fare (50% discount from Auvergne Rhône-Alpes, Mâcon or Genève to Lyon. More information... (in French)
- TGV trains: 8000 seats at low ‘Prem’s’ fares. Book as early as possible!
If you come by car
Do not hesitate to let your car in a parc-and-ride and take the TCL public transportation.
Paid car parks:
Please note: important information on driving inside the security perimeter
- The following car parks will be closed (entrances and exits) from 6 p.m. to midnight on Wednesday and Thursday, and 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Thirsday and Saturday: LPA Antonin Poncet, Indigo Bellecour, LPA Célestins, LPA Grôlée, LPA République, LPA Hôtel de Ville, LPA Terreaux, Tupin Central Park, LPA Saint-Jean.
- The following car parks are not included and are open during the festival: Indigo Tolozan (near Opéra House), LPA Cordeliers, LPA confluence, LPA Gros Caillou, LPA Rozier (only for LPA subscribers), LPA Saint-Just.
Download the Map for the coaches: routes and parking
More information for professionals on https://traveltrade.lyon-france.com/en/the-fete-des-lumieres-for-professionals