- Book your accommodation as early as you can! You'll find well-situated accommodation to help you get the most from your evenings.Upon your arrival in Lyon: if you’re staying within the security perimeter (the entire city centre and Fourvière) and arrive after it has been closed: remember to bring proof of your reservation.
- Remember to book a restaurant especially if you're a gourmet and want to dine at the time of your choice, and in your favourite restaurant!
- Dress up warm! It's cold in December in Lyon. And be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Download the Fête des Lumières app !This will enable you to prepare your tour one work of art at a time, to have all the information you need about the masterpieces and their artists, and to take part and gain some very useful information! Android or iOS
- Recharge your batteries! And don't forget to check that the batteries in your mobile phone, camcorder and camera are charged before you leave!
Pavillon ONLYLYON on Place Bellecour:
Extended opening hours during the 4 days of the festival of Lights: from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. non-stop.
On the other days: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. non-stop.
- Place Louis Pradel,
- Place de la République,
- Place Bellecour,
- Place Edouard Commette (Vieux-Lyon)
TCL public transport network
- On the 8th of December, public transport is free from 4 pm until the end of the service.All information (tickets, park-and-ride, etc.) www.fetedeslumieres.tcl.fr and www.tcl.fr/en
- TER trains : benefit from the ‘Illico Evénements’ fare (50% discount from Auvergne Rhône-Alpes, Mâcon or Genève to Lyon. More information... (in French)
- TGV trains: 8000 seats at low ‘Prem’s’ fares. Book as early as possible!
If you come by car
Do not hesitate to let your car in a parc-and-ride and take the TCL public transportation.
Paid car parks:
Please note: important information on driving inside the security perimeter
- The following car parks will be closed (entrances and exits) from 6:30 p.m. to midnight (5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thursday and Sunday): : Terreaux, Célestins, Bellecour, Antonin Poncet, Saint-Antoine, Saint-Georges, Saint-Jean et Saint-Just.
- The following car parks are not included and are open during the festival: Hôtel de Ville, Opéra, Cordeliers, Place de la République, Bourse. Further information
Download the Map for the coaches: routes and parking
More information for professionals on https://traveltrade.lyon-france.com/en/the-fete-des-lumieres-for-professionals