Pools in Lyon
The summer season is here and opening times are expanding!
Summer treat: 2 pop-up pools!
The pop-up pool at Tête d'Or Park
Once again this year, to our great delight, there will be a pop-up pool at Tête d'Or Park from 18 June to 31 August. The space has two pools, a water games area and 2000 m² of beaches. In the heart of Lyon’s green lung, this is the ideal place for a spot of reading and relaxation, or games with family and friends!
The pop-up pool at Gerland Park
From 23 June to 28 August 2022, you can also take a dip in Lyon’s 7th district!
For Lyon’s municipal swimming pools, you will need to make an online reservation and pay on the website (except for Vaise swimming pool, where tickets must be purchased at the counter).
Swimming pools in Greater Lyon
Whether you live in Lyon or are visiting the city, swimming pools and water parks in the metropolitan area are open now for a refreshing dip!
- Centre Nautique Etienne-Gagnaire in Villeurbanne: open from 28 June to 28 August. Reservation required by calling 04 72 37 02 04.
- Centre Aquatique Les Vagues in Meyzieu: several pools, a lagoon, water jets and Jacuzzi. Swimming and aqua-gym classes (reservation required). Ages 3 and up. No reservation required.
- Parc de loisirs Aquavert in Francheville: from 17 June, for the large swimming pool. The small leisure pool with its 33-metre waterslide and outdoor areas with a paddling pool. Summer swimming courses available.
- Kubdo in Sainte-Foy-lès-Lyon: summer hours from 21 June until 31 August. Sports pool, leisure pool, paddling pool and 1100 m² of outdoor areas, with solarium and picnic tables. Reservation required online.
- Centre Nautique Pierre Mendès-France in Saint-Priest: No reservation required.
- Centre Nautique André Sousi in Bron: summer hours form 27 June to 4 September. 3 pools including 1 Olympic pool, relaxation areas. Many activities and classes available to book. Reservation required online.
- Piscine Isabelle jouffroy in Caluire-et-Cuire: summer schedules from 19 June to 21 August 2022. 1 sports pool, 1 leisure pool, 1 paddling pool, 2 saunas, 1 hammam, a 28-metre chute and a cafeteria. Various activities available.
- Piscine Origami in Rillieux-La-Pape : open since 1 June 2022 (summer hours from 4 July). 1 sports pool, 1 leisure pool, 1 activities pool, saunas, 1 hammam, 1 paddling pool and outdoors areas with playground and solarium. No reservation required.
Reminder: a bathing cap must be worn by everybody in Greater Lyon’s swimming pools.
Natural bathing spots less than an hour from Lyon
Grand Parc Miribel Jonage
With four supervised beaches and located only a few kilometres from Lyon city centre, this is a major bathing and leisure attraction for residents of Lyon and the metropolitan area. Plage de l’Atol open since 7 May ; Plage du Morlet open since 14 May ; Plage du Fontanil open since 28 May and Plage de la Baraka open on 2 July.
Access: take bus 83 towards Grand Parc Miribel Jonage.
Lac de Bordelan in Villefranche-sur-Saône
This very pleasant spot in the countryside is perfect for the whole family, with its sandy shore, large lawn and games for children. Open from 1 July to 31 August.
Prices: €3 for adults, €2 for 6-12 year-olds, free for children under 6.
Access: TER train, 115 and 118 bus or A6 motorway, towards Villefranche-sur-Saône and then Route de Saint-Bernard.
Étang de Fallavier in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier
A protected natural area since 2007, this is a multi-faceted spot for bathing and walking. Open from 2 July to 28 August 2022.
Free. Access: TER train towards Saint-André-le-Gaz or A6 motorway, towards Grenoble.