CERVELLE DE CANUT AND CRISPY VEGGIES, BY GREGORY CUILLERON
Ingredients for the Cervelle de Canut:
- 4 pots fresh cheeses
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1/2 bunch of chopped chives
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 shallot
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the garnish
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 orange
- 3 carrots
- garlic croutons
The day before, let the fresh cheese drain through cheesecloth or a dishtowel overnight.
The next day:
- Chop the garlic, rinse the chives and chop finely.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Stir to combine the fresh cheese with the garlic, chives, and sliced shallot (set aside some of the chives for the garnish).
- Add the vinegar, wine and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper, mix it all and keep it in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, bring the juice of the orange and a glass of water to the boil. Peel the carrot, slice it thinly and add it to the saucepan. Blanch the carrots for 2 minutes (they must remain firm).
- Rinse and peel the cucumber. Use a peeler lengthwise to make thin slices and roll them up. You will need 2-3 rolls per plate.
- Arrange the Cervelle de Canut nicely on the plate. Top with the carrots and cucumber rolls. Sprinkle with chives and serve with the garlic croutons.
Video by: themiamfactory.com