TARTE A LA PRALINE BY SÉBASTIEN BOUILLET
Ingredients for the pastry:
- 320 g butter (soft)
- 5 tsp salt
- 200 g icing sugar
- 66 g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 533 g flour
- 1 vanilla bean
Ingredients for the filling:
- 500 g whipping cream
- 500 g French pink pralines
The day before, prepare the pastry:
- following the order given, combine the butter, sugar and salt. Cut the vanilla bean in half vertically. Scrape the seeds from the inside of the bean. Stir into the butter/sugar mixture. Then, add the almonds ans stir to combine.
- Add the eggs one by one, then add the flour and stir until you obtain a homogenous mixture.
- Knead the pastry until it forms a compact mass.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
The next day:
Cook the pastry:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Roll out the pastry and cut into a circle the size of your tart pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 160°C
Prepare the filling:
- Bring the cream to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the pralines and boil for 104°
- Carefully pour the mixture into the baked tart shell
- Bake the tart for 5 minutes in a 200°C oven.
- Refrigerate for 4 h before serving... and savour!
Video by themiamfactory.com