Indeed, the city is the center of a vast road network of over 1000 km, which connects Lyon to all major cities in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region and to major European cities.
- From Geneva: it takes 1 hour and 40 minutes to Lyon
- From Clermont-Ferrand: 2 hours to Lyon
- From the ski resorts in the French Alps: roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes to Lyon
- From Turin or Marseille: it takes 3 hours to arrive in Lyon
- From Paris: it takes 4 hours and 20 minutes to arrive in Lyon
- From Barcelona: it takes 6 hours to arrive in Lyon.
In August, lots of parking spaces are free! Get all the latest info at: www.lyon.fr/actualite/deplacements/stationnement-gratuit-en-aout
To find out about traffic conditions and choose your route and travelling times accordingly. See road traffic in Lyon in real time, or get traffic forecasts on: www.coraly.com or www.onlymoov.com to find out all about the public transport system servicing Lyon’s surrounding urban sectors.
To see the number of places available in the relay parks : https://www.tcl.fr/se-deplacer/plan-interactif
You can also check out www.flixbus.fr/horaires-arrets-bus/lyon or fr.ouibus.com for affordable travel.
Prefer to car share? Go to www.idvroom.com or www.blablacar.fr
To get about in Lyon and the outskirts of the city, opt for www.covoiturage-grandlyon.com
Download the maps of the UNESCO perimeter (PDF)