Located 6 km south of Lyon, on the right bank of the Rhone, the city was first of all the vegetable garden of Lyon thanks to an important market gardening tradition of which some vestiges remain.
The beginning of the 20th century marked a strong industrial development with the installation of a chemical plant, then the emergence of the Lyon-Sud hospital center.
Four parks and many public facilities (theater, cinema, music space, media library ...) also testify to the quality of the living environment proposed in this area.
The Pierre-Bénite water treatment plant is the most modern in the Metropole; it offers educational tours throughout the year to better understand the water cycle.
Listed as historical monuments, the Renaissance villa known as Petit Perron is also worth a visit, not to mention the legendary granite rock that gave its name to the city in 1869, when the parish of Oullins became independent by imperial decree ...