This Palais de Justice in Vieux-Lyon was built in 1835 by Louis-Pierre Baltard, featuring 24 Corinthian columns along the frontage. This frontage was entirely renovated from 2010 to 2012. The Court of Appeal and the Criminal Court are still based there.
The courthouse with 24 columns
rue du Palais de Justice / rue de la Bombarde - 69005 Lyon 5ème
The lobby is a huge hall (625m2) under a 17m high arch. Commemorative plaque was unveiled in 2010 in honour of the late Dr Edmond Locard (1877-1966). A coroner, student at Lacassagne, is considered one of the pioneers of forensic science in the police. It was here that he created the first labratory in the courthouse in 1910.