Quais du Polar has firmly established itself as the biggest crime fiction festival in France and Europe over the past fifteen years.
For this anniversary edition, it will be even bigger: there will be no less than 140 authors, more than 500 signing sessions, some 60 conferences and meetings, and 7 literature awards!
To mark the occasion, pride of place will be given to Scandinavian crime fiction, which has been hugely successful in France over the past decade or so. Scandinavian authors (Sweden, Norway, Finland…) will blow a spine-chillingly cold wind through the 2019 event.
The eagerly awaited Grande Enquête (Grand Investigation) will also be inspired by our Nordic neighbours, with its “Cocktail Nordique” theme. Meet at Place de la République, with your finest tweed coat and magnifying glass. Here you will be given an investigation booklet (in French) and you will then have three hours to solve the puzzle!
For those who enjoy thrills and suspense, there will be twenty or so screenings in cinemas around Lyon, with noir and detective films, and TV series (original language versions). These screenings will also offer opportunities to meet directors, such as Bertrand Tavernier and Brian De Palma, a guest of honour for this edition.
Find your inner Sherlock Holmes!
- Some of the guests of the 2019 edition: Rachel Abbott, Tony Cavanaugh, Barbara Abel, Leif Davidsen, Val McDermid, Michael Connelly, Elizabeth George, Michel Bussi, Maxime Chattam, Sandrine Collette, Sonja Delzongle, Bernard Minier, Ragnar Jonasson, Arni Thorarinsson, Monica Kristensen, Camilla Grebe, Anders Roslund…
- Grande Enquête: departure from Place de la République, Saturday between 9 am and 4 pm, and Sunday between 9 am and 1 pm. Arrival and submission of answers at Hôtel de Ville.
- Entrance to the festival is free (subject to capacity).
- To make sure you don't miss a thing, sign up for privileged access to each conference.
- Youth area at Palais de la Bourse, from Friday to Sunday, and play area at Hôtel de Ville on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information, visit the festival's website