The Marathon International du Beaujolais is, of course, a sports event, but it is also one of the most fun races in France. Each year, the ‘MIB’ (as it is known by veterans) is an opportunity to celebrate the arrival of the Beaujolais Nouveau and (re)discover the beauty of the Beaujolais countryside.
This exceptional race, which takes participants along country lanes, past vineyards and chateaux, is highly recommended for runners. It also features original costumes and tastings of Beaujolais Nouveau (to be enjoyed with moderation of course), as well as activities and surprises along the route.
- Marathon (42 km): the main race
- Semi-Marathon (21 km): an undulating route through the Beaujolais vineyards
- The ‘13 km du Rhône’: a fun-filled race
- Family Marathon: a race for kids and adults in Villefranche-sur-Saône
- New in 2019: the relay Marathon, for 3 or 4 runners
One thing is for sure: whether you come to take part or spectate, the MIB is a unique event and one not to be missed!
*Excessive alcohol consumption is harmful to your health: drink with moderation.